Sunday, August 10, 2008

I hate Dell

My new Dell laptop heats so much that it almost burned my legs once. Not only from below, but also on top. The touch panel is barely that-touchable.
So I contacted Dell through a chat on its Web site. The agent No.1 offered to replace it right away. But the idea of me shipping my laptop didn't appeal to me, especially so close to my trip to Europe. I was actually planning on taking it with me.
So I tried to troubleshoot-clean the vents and upload something the agent told me, but it still seemed too hot.
Then I decided to go through the drag of the replacement, and I called them. The agent No.2, and his manager assured me that someone will call me in "one to two business days" to talk about the replacement. It's been more like a business week.
So I called again. Yesterday. I put my phone on the speaker and after about 55 minutes of a wait I finally got a person to talk to, who, to my great excitement, transferred me to another department. And then, that other agent transferred me to another one, and the third one to the fourth one, and the fourth one? Back on the automated system I was on five minutes before that, for almost an hour.
I was furious, but also had to go somewhere, and frankly, I could not have been on the phone for another minute-that's how sick I was from everything.
So I tried again, to chat, last night, and again, this morning. But this morning, I've had it with them. They still wouldn't replace it, but they offered to repair it. Repair? A brand new laptop?!
So I said, rather wrote, that I will contact the lawyer in the family about the fact that Dell's new laptop almost burned me. It's a safety issue. They called within couple of hours. And they are shipping it tomorrow. Please don't tell me intimidation doesn't work.
What doesn't work is niceness. With these companies. Only. Of course!

2 comments:

sahan11yu said...

dobra si marija...i ja sam isto to shvatio posle par godina u USA.Probas lepo ne ide.
Cim im spomenes neko nezadovoljstvo i potencijalno zaljenje,odmah sve dobije drugi izgled i sve se moze srediti...
Samo napred i srecno sa tvojom karijerom

Sasha

Marija said...

Hvala Sasha!
Sve najbolje takodje!
Marija