Friday, August 1, 2008

A year?! Already?

It's August 1. It's exactly one year since M. and I moved to New York City. And we both agree on the impression that the year went by so fast. It's a bit scary, actually. I don't want my years to go by fast. I want them to last forever. Especially the good ones. Like this one.
So many things happened in the past year. We moved. M. changed his job. I tried to find a journalistic job. I failed. I started taking acting classes. I started auditioning for the first time in my life. I got my first part in the States. I got payed for the first time to act. I was in the same room with Mr.Big:)
Went to Aruba. Got another cat. Got my niece! Got to know this amazing and cruel city really well. Went to two Broadway plays. Went to three Off and Off Off Broadway plays.
Showed New York, proudly, to my parents. Started writing my book. Failed to get a UN job. Read my first Shakespeare in old English....
Today was also my last Shakespeare class. It was a good course, all eight weeks of it. I loved the teacher, and most of my colleagues. And I've learned a lot.
Now I know a monologue from Julius Cesar. Among other things. I was Portia, Brutus's wife.
And I might take another one in the fall.
When I look back at it? It seemed like it was too years ago.

No comments: