Monday, June 9, 2008

Cat trouble

I've sent an e-mail to my friends and acquittances in New York and D.C. this morning. The content was about looking for a good home for my foster kitten, since Nina, our cat started to hiss at me as well, for smelling like the kitten, I guess?
I also posted a flier in my building.
And then, I got a response from one of my actor-friends who is a nice person, lives with her family in New Jersey and wants a new cat...Oops. My eyes watered up immediately and not out of happiness.
This kitten is absolutely adorable, and as I'm writing this, he is playing around me and just knocked down one of my frames pictures. But he is also so needy and clingy. Part of me loves that, as M. can tell you. But part of me doesn't like him meowing when he doesn't want to be alone. It would be 90 percent better if Nina would actually let him play in the same room as her, or even better, play with her. Nina's after all barely 14 months old. She's a young cat as well. And she's a girl, but obviously with no maternal instincts.
So I finally opened the door and let the little guy out. At first, Nina was sleeping in our closed bedroom, and he was playing around me in the living room. But then Nina wanted to come out. There was hissing and cornering. So I took him back to his room, and he's once again happily playing around me, while Nina, I suspect is in front of the room. She's not coming in. And she stopped hissing.
So, this fostering is a tricky thing, if you love cats as much as I do. But you should see him sleeping with me, with his little gloved arm around me. To die for!

No comments: