Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Super cleaning

My mother left today. It's always a bit sad when a person you care about leaves your home, even if it's just for several weeks.
She was here briefly and I wanted to make her stay as fun as possible. I took her places she likes, like the home stores and affordable shoe stores as well as Bloomingdales. And I felt guilty for not cleaning the place really thoroughly before she came, or getting some help in that. She, of course, cleaned our whole apartment despite my nagging and asking her to go out or to the gym with me. She just can't be here without cooking or cleaning. Period. I really didn't want her to do that. I wanted her to see New York and enjoy herself. And she did, for about a half of her stay. But the other half she spent in my apartment, perfecting it.
I'm not a very homey type of person. I clean only when visible dirty or when I have guests. And I did clean her room and bathroom before she came, but obviously not up to her high standards. And they are high indeed. Even those several times M. and I got the maid to help, she still found a few flaws to the job. The ones I would never even notice.

No comments: