Monday, June 2, 2008

ABC's unique gifts

I took my mother to ABC yesterday, at the beloved Union Square. ABC is an extremely large, six level furniture, and everything else you could think of, store. It is glossy, and flashy, in a good way and shiny and extremely expensive for the most part. It is also connected to the hand-made chocolate cafe, as well as one of the best tapas restaurants Pipa and her sister Lucy.
I usually don't buy much jewelry for myself. I think that I have too many as it is, since it's M's favorite gift as well as a Serbian one. But there they were! Beautiful, hand made designer earrings with Swarovski crystals, but not gold not silver. Copper and nickel, I believe. The salesgirl told me and mother something of a sort.
When I realized that they go from $18 to $180, I decided to treat myself. I wanted to get one little ones for my Mom as well, but she wouldn't hear of it.
So I found this adorable blue-turquoise pair of hanging roses, with two clear crystals. They go so well with my face and they made me happy for a couple of hours. Not that I generally am not happy. I am.
I would definitely recommend this spot for you if you are anywhere close to the Union Square, and whether you need a unique gift for a woman, or a chocolate kick.
I think the jewelry designer's name is M. Negrin.

2 comments:

Armando Villalobos said...

At Christmas time I believe the things that children do.

I believe with English children that holly placed in windows will protect our homes from evil.

I believe with Swiss children that the touch of edelweiss will charm a person with love. Keep it up Nice blog.

Marija said...

Thank you!
:)