Saturday, June 21, 2008

"I love my kitty" crying pack

If you have been reading "me", you know that my kitten-fostering attempt turned into an adoption. Since I don't trust the Bronx shelter I got my Sylvester from, I took him to a vet today. Petco in my neighborhood has a good vet once a month, at reasonable prices, which is not what you can say for regular Manhattan vets. Since my kitten looked perfectly healthy, I just wanted to make sure he truly is, for Nina's sake mostly, since they eat from the same dish.
The older, male vet recommended 4 in 1 vaccine pack, plus dewormer, plus Feline leukemia vaccine. Last year, a different young, female vet advised me that I don't have to give my indoor cat any of these vaccines, only rabies. This one said that he totally disagrees with her. So I let him give my kitten "I love my kitty" pack. They warned me that he might be lethargic and not eat, which is exactly what is happening right now, and making me a bit worried. His eyes are half open when he's at all awake. But, they said, it's normal for 24-48 hours. Makes me doubt if I should come back in four weeks and get another "booster" they recommended, or is he fine the way he is?
A Serbian vet once told me:"If your kitten eats and plays, the only thing you need to give him is a dewormer." And rabies, of course, but later. S. is not old enough. He's less than 13 weeks old.
Is it all a gimmick to get the money, or cats really need all these vaccines to stay healthy, even if they are only indoors??????
Anyone?

No comments: