Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hellish Fifth

No, I haven't forgotten about my blog. It's just busy raising two cats:)
This is the first day in ten months that I've wholeheartedly hated New York.
On my way from work, on the Fifth Avenue, a woman hit my big purse, hanging from a shoulder. It didn't hurt, but it was a hit. She lost her phone during it--it fell on the crosswalk. Then she swore, of course, not at me, but I guess, in general. Like it's not her fault. And it was.
Second, another woman stepped on my shoe behind me and took it off on another sidewalk on the same Avenue. Then she just kept on walking like nothing happened?! I had to stay at the crosswalk for couple of seconds and get my shoe back on my feet, while loudly protesting at the woman's quickly disappearing back. I couldn't believe the rudeness.
Then later, again, on the Fifth, a food cart slightly hit M. The guy with the accent at least apologized, but it could've been serious. M. did touch something hot on the cart.
I will try to avoid the Fifth like plague. I suggest you do the same.

No comments: