Monday, November 19, 2007

And back in D.C....

We spent the long weekend in D.C. It's been three and a half months since the last time we were there.Initially, we were planning on going back not more than twice a year, but having my mother here changed our plans. Of course it did.
We actually decided to drive there, since it's four of us, and Nina isn't allowed on the train. Unfortunately. I can't understand that. Cats can fly but can't ride trains? One can get off train almost whenever one pleases. Also, there's more space on the train. You can move if you're allergic or hate a sight of an orange tabby. But, I guess, I can't find logic in everything, even if I try really hard. Which is rare.
I hate to ride in a car for a long time, but it seemed like the best choice. And we stopped twice.
It was actually more pleasant being in D.C. than I thought. We got to see our families. We stayed at a very comfortable, cozy place. I saw my old friend from
Belgrade. We saw our tenants. We went shopping. I got a hair cut. We went to our favorite cafe twice. A lot in just three day. Oh, and I almost forgot. We had a lot of my mom's home cooking.
She makes this amazing bread!It's soft and crunchy at the same time. Nothing like that can be bought anywhere.
When I was living in D.C., I didn't like it much. Now,it didn't seemed that bad. Maybe it has to do with that bread?;-)

No comments: