Friday, November 30, 2007

Sofas and couches, Busboys and Poets, and auditions

I'm writing this from one of "Busboys and poets" in D.C. It's a cafe-restaurant with a charming setting, including the sofas and arms chairs I love. I'm not a big fan of sitting on a chair or at the table. I learned my way through the University by studying on a couch, and I got my Masters by writing on my laptop in Tryst. Really. I tried to avoid writing at the lab as much as possible. Once, I almost got into trouble with a teacher because of it. I never understood why she cared if I write my story in a cafe or in the computer lab. I mean, I'm writing it, either way. Who else would have time to write me an article in a middle of a week day? Other people have better things to do. Besides, she can easily tell the difference.
So, I enjoy the casualness of a cafe like Tryst or Busboys and Poets. Very original name too, don't you think? Imaginative and stylish. Unfortunately, its latte and chai latte are not that good. But the carrot cake is great! One of the best I ever had in a cafe--moist, sweet just enough with vanilla frosting in the middle and on top, and a strawberry on the side--just delicious!
So I'm hanging out on red sofa, with the lingering taste of the cake in my mouth, and my notebook in my lap, browsing through the auditions. I've actually found quite a few I really like. I'm excited about going back to New York and taking a plunge. But a bit nervous about it at the same time. I'm going to need a lot of courage and will, to do something in the acting business. And a lot of luck. And someone who doesn't mind my accent.

No comments: