Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Aruba...or Helga?That is the question!

I'm such a "baksuz" sometimes. I really am. "Baksuz" is Serbian, actually Turkish, for a person who has bad luck. In a nutshell. It's actually more sophisticated than that. Well, I'll explain.
M. hasn't had a vacation since last year. I have been sick three times in two months. So, my mother suggested we go to the coast somewhere, as soon as possible. Somewhere warm, where we can swim. It's good for my sinuses. And M. needs a real vacation.
So, we decided, we should go to the Caribbean, since that's the only place you can actually swim comfortably in the winter. And we booked kind of expensive vacation two nights ago. Exciting, but at the same time, a bit nerve racking. So, to ease our minds, we decide not to eat out at least until the trip. That can save one a lot of money in New York.
Last night, at my theater, I realized that there is a perfect little role for me in their next production...which coincides with our trip! Now that's a definition of "baksuz"!
I know I didn't get the role yet, but I fit the description, it's small enough not have much competition and no one yet signed up for it! The audition is in mid December, so I'm not going to know until then if I got it or not.
Now, we can cancel or postpone the trip, but that would be a clear case or throwing money away. A significant amount. And I really want this vacation too. But I also really want to role. Even more.
So, I'll just have to wait for another month, prepare for the audition and see what happens. And cut the losses then.

No comments: