Wednesday, November 28, 2007

One meeting after another coffee

D.C. has been sunny this past week. Sunny but chilly. It has a bit of a different feel since I've lived here. It's more vacationy. But it quickly and easily brings the old issues back as well.
I've had coffee today with a friend. I've enjoyed the chatting and catching up very much! Then went shopping with my family. Had an interesting Yogilates workout this morning too.
I was supposed to meet someone else for a drink-- a journalist I met some time ago--to talk about how he does his work for the Serbian media from here. But that didn't pan out.
I was actually glad it didn't. As much as I like to see my friends, or invest into my career, scheduling one thing after another is a bit stressful. And not vacationy at all. You see, I like to do things on a whim. I like to sleep in if I feel like it, have breakfast in my pajamas, spend some time in my house before I shower, talk, watch a morning show...
If I get up and immediately start getting ready to go somewhere, that reminds me of school, or work. Not vacation. Even if the meeting is a pleasant one.

No comments: