Saturday, November 3, 2007

More lucrative jobs...

I had a short but full bodied conversation with a Serbian-American woman I met yesterday at the church.
We briefly talked about what we do or did, how easy or difficult is to get a good job...
She mentioned her 28 year old son, who's working as computer guy for some investment company in New York.
"He didn't really wanna do that," she said, "But when he realized that's where the money is... you know, it's not the same if you earn a $1,000 a week or $500..."
Hmmm, I kept thinking, that's exactly why I pass all those business reporter's job openings. Should I rethink?
I don't know. The idea of doing something tedious every day for an extended period of time really scares me. Money or not. I mean, I would like to earn money, nice amount. I would like to be able to afford certain things I can't now. But, I still don't want to do something I hate.
Everything does have its price. The question is, what's the highest one we're willing to pay? I still don't know the answer to that.

No comments: