Sunday, November 25, 2007

Road trip

I've been car sick since I was little. I still recall those long trips to Montenegrin coast with my family, during which we regularly had to stop so I can...relieve my nausea.
Things have been better in that department since I've been a bigger girl;-)But I still don't like long car trips and I absolutely load buses.
M. and I are forced to drive down to D.C. because Amtrak won't let our little Nina on board. So I make sure we have plenty of good Cd's,we stop two or three times and I somehow survive the four hour drive. Nina helps a lot. She sleeps in my lap the whole trip. It's adorable. I love it. I'm petting her and enjoying every minute of it!
Starbucks is generally our criteria for a rest stop. If there is one, we stop, get some yummy, more-dessert-than-coffee drink, or my favorite for the road-ice tea lemonade, but Serbian way-without ice! It's actaully good, try it! There's more to drink, and more taste to it!
So we've been in D.C. since Friday afternoon, relaxing with my family. It's nice, really. Another world from New York.
I'm slowly reviewing my German, hoping it will be enough for that role I've mentioned in my previous post.If not, I'll have my consolation prize-Aruba!

No comments: