Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hmmm...shopping:)

I went on a shopping spree today. I didn't really spend a lot of money, but that's not what shopping is all about. I did, however, barely manage to brings the bags home. You see, I had (past tense) this gift card I got for my b-day 10 days ago, and I decided to enjoy it today. I can't say I wasn't tempted to use it the same evening I received it in mail, but I've managed to restrain myself. For 10 days. Back then, when I was younger, they had great stuff-for the summer. And this summer is almost gone. So today I got this fabulous fall coat and summerish shirt, which, in my defense, could be worn underneath the suit jacket. And I don't have a satin, red shirt anyway. And I CAN wear it to work. If I ever find one.
So, you see, I spent three hours shopping between the Fifth and Broadway, and all I actually spent was about $20. I love gift cards!
The shopping in New York, as you can imagine, is amazing! I like boutiques, but they are over my budget. So I shop in chainy but classy, mid priced stores like Bebe, VS or Zara. The clothes are affordable but stylish and of good quality.
I know, you have these stores all over the U.S., but they are different in N.Y.C. For example, B. had cookies and water for the customers. I know it's not champagne, but still...
It's also interesting that everything is bigger in N.Y.C.,but people. Except for some of the tourons. Now, they are one thing I don't like about N.Y.C. shopping. Too many people in these huge stores. They must make a fortune! Not the people, the retailers. But you can hear many foreign languages. For example, I've tried 238 coats on today, with the sound of Russian in the background. I was really temped to say to my fellow shopper and Russian looker, that her red was too red. I hope she went for the coat that was not on sale. Sometimes, there are reasons why some things are on sale.

2 comments:

GPS said...

Shopping is a great thing to do in NYC. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday gift ........ and the discipline you showed by saving it for 10 days is admirable!!

Friends or ours who live in NY have a rule about shopping - if you buy a new skirt you have to get rid of one you already have ........ there isn't enough room to store everything in their apartment!

Marija said...

I loved my b-day gift!Thank you.And your friends have a great rule!I should follow it too.
Thanks for your comment!
xoxo
M.