Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New York, New York...

I had one of those lazy, rainy, cloudy, sleepy days yesterday. I hated myself for not doing anything useful while M. is working 11-12 hour days. The fact is, if I don't sleep for at least eight hours ( more like nine, actually) I am worthless. Sad but true. And unfortunately, I'm not a napper.
So, after waisting half of the day, I decided to just get out and walk around on my way to the T.S. studio. It's supposed to be a real acting studio, not one of those schemes to get your money. But on my way there, I ended up in this unfamiliar, mostly Arabic neighborhood. Can't say that I was worriless. I obviously was not belonging there. A blond, among dark skinned, dark haired people, mostly men, while Arabic sounding music was filling the streets. Luckily, I was wearing only jeans and a jacket, so I was as inconspicuous as a blond can be. Except for several stares, which I pretended not to see, everything was fine. Off course. I am a little bit paranoid. And it was about only 5 p.m.
Anyway, it made think that maybe I shouldn't just walk everywhere, following the numbers. This is New York City, after all, not Nis or Belgrade. It's the curse of growing up in a safe city where you can walk anywhere, at any time and feel safe, but it's still a city. Not of 11 million people though. The whole Serbia doesn't have that many inhabitants. Or maybe I've just seen way to many "Law and Orders." I should really stop watching that.
T.S. studio turned out to be everything I hoped for. This charming but serious former actor, now director and teacher, really seemed to know what he was talking about.The studio is not as fancy as the one in D.C. but this in New York.Everything is more expensive. I have to get used to that.
So I think I'll leap! Maybe it's meant to be. "Law and Order" is a New York City product.
And if I don' turn our to be the next Streep, at least, I know, I will have fun!And learn more about myself, which is always good.

No comments: