Thursday, August 30, 2007

Telephonic interview

I had my first telephone job interview today. At first, I didn't understand why she wanted to do a telephone interview, instead of a face-to-face one.It was an interview for a media company, where appearance counts for at least as much as the experience. But you take what you can get. I do believe I'm much more charming in person than over the phone;-)She just must be way to busy.
It went well, I think? I made her laugh. I mentioned a fresh D.C. sex scandal...She did quiz me on current events.
I said I have no salary requirements. And I don't. I have no idea what they pay people who want to do what I want to do here.
I talked about me, but not too much...Maybe I should have?
She told me she'll get back to me-as soon as they invent the position I'm looking for. A Martian from Eastern Europe?
She asked me if I'm willing to move?I just moved!
She was very nice, forthcoming and helpful. I will send her a "thank you" card.
Anyway, this was a BIG DEAL.Have I mentioned that it's an enormously successful company? And if I can get my "foot in the door,"that, by itself, would be a success.
Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: