Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Are doctors suppose to waste your life or should insurance do that?

I had one of my annual doctor's appointments on Monday. I ended up waiting and waiting before one of the office employees came to tell me that my medical insurance does not accept this doctor and that they are working on it. I thought that was strange. I did find her name on my insurance Web page. So I waited. Got more frustrated. Went outside to eat. Talked on the phone. Flipped through magazines. Froze my bones in the waiting room. Then the same person came out, apologized profusely and offer to reschedule, since the other doctor, who accepts my insurance or my insurance accepts her, is in the operating room. All this after an hour and a half!
So I said yes, rescheduled for today and went home thirsty for blood.
I called my insurance right away, of course, and they said, and I quote: "I don't know what they are talking about..." Typical. They are throwing balls into each other's courts over my back. The insurance said they will call them and get back to me.
Never did.
So I went to my appointment today. I only waited five-ten minutes which in N.Y.C. apparently is a speed of light. When it comes to the wait time in doctors' offices.
At the end, I wasn't examined neither by Doctor No.1 nor Doctor No.2.
I was examined by a Nurse Practitioner. I am stunned.
Please, if you happen to read this, do not ever go to Murray Hill OBGYN on the 28Th. st.

No comments: