Sunday, July 20, 2008

Chauvinists on the DC Balkan list

I got into an e-mail fight with couple of men from the same list we subscribe to.
It all started when some idiot sent an offensive note and picture to everyone on the list, including me. It was offensive primarily to women, but I would think to all mature human beings.
The most I can say about it is that it was a photograph of a bicycle in the shape of a woman, followed by crude and vulgar comments.
So, off course, I reacted angrily. And promptly, and sharply. I was not about to have this filth sent around without showing loudly how outraged I am. To everyone on the list.
Other people jumped in. Some were trying to subside the argument. But some really put oil on fire.
So it mostly turned into a back-and-forth fight between this complete idiot calling himself Daniel and me. He was not only justifying the guy who sent the offensive picture and note, but encouraging him and tapping him on the back for it?!
After a while, I realized that I'm getting too drown into the argument with a complete loser out there. Why would I do that? I was just wasting my time, and some nerves. I hate to admit but it was getting to me--the whole human stupidity, in the worst form.
So I wrote to this Daniel that he is a fool and a red neck, and unsubscribed from the list.
I was happy to see later that my sister picked up where I left of, but she was much more subtle in her punches. She called his problem a "small penis" complex. As you can imagine, a sexist and a chauvinist didn't like that. After a few more e-mails, she off course, knocked him out of it.
So proud of her.

No comments: