Sunday, July 13, 2008

Audition. 21. SoHo. Gelato. Handcock. Popcorn.

I had a very active Saturday. Got up early. Went to the gym while doing the laundry(The laundry room is on the same floor as the gym. Good or Bad?)Got ready and walked to Cafe Emilia in East Village, with M., where I had some crema cappuccino which translates into cappuccino with a 1000 calories, and M. had eggs and a plain one. Not together obviously. Cafe Emilia is an extremely friendly place, run by real Italian brothers with great inexpressive, creative food and coffee. This was my second time. One of the brothers didn't even charge M. for eggs since the wait was a bit longer than it should be. How often do you see that? M. of course was impressed and tipped him almost as much as the eggs would be.
Then we went home to rest, since I had a scheduled audition for a radio show in SoHo in the evening. We had, what in seemed to be, a five minute nap, and went back on our way.
The audition was fast and fun. I read a script in three different characters-myself, an older Russian woman, and a child. It was really fun, but it all depends on how much they like my slight Eastern European accent. I can't really speak without it. Unless I practise the text. This was a cold read.
Then we went shopping-I bought a beautiful dress in Forever 21. Then M. took me to this tiny gelato place on Mott Street, and we walked with our huge gelatos in our hands to the Union Square. We decided to see any movie we might enjoy, even on a superficial level. We saw Handcock, since that one was not a long wait. It actually wasn't bad. It was entertaining. Even funny at moments. And surprising. But far from a work of art.
We came home almost at midnight. And we didn't turn into pumpkins.

No comments: