Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Not enought cells?

You know how American doctors only call you when there's something wrong?
Well, I got that kind of call yesterday.
Sometimes, I don't answer my land line when I'm busy doing something else. If it's really important people will call my cell phone as well.
And when I heard my Nurse Practitioner Surrogate-For-A-Doctor leaving a message on my answering machine, I sank into my sofa.
I really got scared. And then I ran to get the phone.
It seemed like an eternity while she was introducing herself again to me and starting to explain why she's calling me.
She's talking, and I'm thinking:"It could be bad, really, really bad..."
And then she said:"The first test was fine,but the lab ran out of cells to perform the second one..."
I swear to you, it's the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
I asked her, nicely, feeling revived, for an explanation.
She said that there's a law that requires the lab to use 100,000 cells to perform a test, and they didn't have enough for both, and she didn't know how many she was getting since they are invisible..."
I thought for a second that I was dreaming. Or maybe watching a Sci-Fi movie.
Nope. It really happened.
She asked me if I want to come back to the office so she can take more of my cells.
I wouldn't go back there if they would pay me. Well.
Anyway, the first test was important, That one is fine. The second one is just a formality.
For that one I need to find a real doctor. Hopefully the one who went to school to take cells.

No comments: