Friday, January 18, 2008

Russlish

I haven't been able to organize myself since we came back from Aruba. You know, mess everywhere, unpacking, laundry, all the exciting stuff. I was also invited to an audition on Wednesday night. I wasn't feeling up to it, running around all day, trying to get back on N.Y.C. pace. (Which is running.)But a word is a word so, off I went. I actually got a cab which I never do. Unless I'm sick.
So the young woman director hands me this script mostly in Russian, but transcribed into English. I know, it sounds weird. It was weird. I mean, I can read Russian, easily. I had three years of Russian in college...theoretically.(I didn't go to all the classes...I didn't go to a lot of classes...) But Russian, as English, in Latin?!Very confusing. There were not many people there, so I thought:"No one else can probably read it better than me anyway..." Five minutes later, there's a real, flesh and blood Russian actress walking in...
What did I tell you. Maler!*
*Refer to the previous post or to a good Serbian dictionary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maler, or maybe INAT!!!!

Marija said...

:)