Sunday, September 2, 2007

Craig's paranoia

I posted an add on Craig's list yesterday. We only used our car twice last month, and we pay for the monthly parking, plus, the insurance in N.Y.C. is much, much, much higher than in D.C.
So we posted an add.Reasonable price, good description, a picture...you know, a detailed add.With only a cell phone and an e-mail address, of course. Of course, I'm not dumb.And I don't trust people until I do.
So we got several e-mails. They all want to have it shipped someplace, they all have bad English, they all ask if they can send a check, or they want me to advertise on their Web site b/c, of course, of the scams?!
Isn't anyone honest wanting to buy a car in N.Y.C?!
So, despite all the money we're waisting on this car, I do not feel comfortable giving my address(all of them wanted that), and certainly not meeting someone in person without another party present.And a test drive?"We'll just tell them,the car drives perfectly, there's no need for a test drive!" I actually, really, said that last night. M.laughted...off;-)
I don't know if we want to sell the car after all. It's not worth that much.Maybe we're better off just taking it to a dealer somewhere here.
And as much as I love living in New York, it has proven to have a bad effect on my paranoia. O, yes, I suffer from untrust. That's the way I was brought up, I guess. People always want to trick you, in one way or another...until they don't.
Also, those 1000 episodes of "Law and Order" I 've seen, haven't exactly helped with that.

No comments: