Sunday, September 23, 2007

Moma, and too modern take 3

We payed our beloved Moma another visit yesterday.
Of course, I wanted to see my darling impressionists again, but M. wanted to see something modern. "O.k.," I said, "let's see something new."
The fifth floor is modern American art. Or at least what some people call art. Like Warhol.I'm sorry, but that's not art.
Art is, by my own definition, something extraordinary beautyful.Extrodinary.And beautiful.Warhol and friends are not either.That's kitch.I know, I know, it's called "Pop-art."Aah...nope!
I knew I should've written the names of the "fifth floor friends." For example, one of them has "painted" a whole canvas orange, and then drew one line across?! That's art? A five-year-old can do that! I can do that, and I cannot paint! It's ridiculous what people would waste their money and time on. Oops,aha,...I'm one of those people. In my defense, I did try to rush through it as fast as I could.
Oh, yes, another example of this modern art-a whole white painted canvas! That's it, that's art, my friend! Go to Moma's fifth floor and see it for yourself.'Cause frankly, I wouldn't believe it myself.

No comments: