Monday, September 24, 2007

New York virus

I woke up at 5:30 a.m. with a sharp pain in my throat. "Not again," I thought, "I was just sick." I wasn't interested in sleeping anymore.
I called my best friend. My Mom. "You have to see a doctor," she confirmed my suspicion.
I hate going to a doctor.I spent half of my stay in Serbia in doctors' offices. It's such a waste. But here, here you need to plan your illness in order to be able to see a doctor. I called several today, and I still don't have an appointment.
Where I come from, you KNOW doctors. You're nice to them. You bring them gifts. In exchange, you don't wait in line. Or you pay, but schedule within hours. Very convenient.
So,I'm sick again, with no prospects of seeing one soon. Unless a divine intervention lets me make an appointment tomorrow. How exciting!

No comments: