Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Leaving New York

It's almost that time!I'm almost there, on my long desired vacation home!My sister is coming over tonight and we are flying off tomorrow!Very exciting!
But, at the same time, sad:( Why? M.can't come with me this time.And this will be the longest we've ever been apart in five years!So, the packing is a bit bitter-sweet.
My Mom thinks it's good for our relationship!But my Mom would say anything to get me to come home. She even encouraged me once to undergo an unnecessary, painful procedure just to get me home. Now, that's love--Serbian way;-)
She even wants us to have children now, so she can take care of them, and consequently spend more time with us.
As much as I know I will enjoy my time home, with my family and friends, I will at the same time, miss M.terribly. So, why do I do these things to myself?
I really need to go home.His job is the only reason he's not joining me.And when I come back,I will start a new career, which will probably not include any vacation time for a while. So, it's perfect timing for this trip.
Even though I believe I can have it all, often, I cannot manage to do so.

2 comments:

Karl Haudbourg said...

Hi Marija,

Thanks for responding to my comment on an older post.

Speaking about your job, I wonder whether you tried to work as
correspondent from USA for Serbia based news agencies, such as Tanjug and Beta.

I know that Dragan atanackovic have done such job. Maybe, contacting him could be useful: atanale!gmail.com (!=@)

Karl
lunov.com

Marija said...

Thanks Karl!
I always wonder if I should write back Serbia to you?
That's a great idea,I just don't know how to start?
Maybe I'll send an e-maiol to Dragan,and see.
Hvala puno!
Marija