Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Can Hilda be Serbian?

I finally had the audition I was looking forward to and fearing from, the whole month. It's the one role that conflicts with our trip to Aruba, but the one I really want. Now, who else would cancel the trip to Caribbean, just to work for free for three months?
The director is a well known New York theater director and teacher, who happens to be extremely nice. "I'm very interested," he said, after our short chat. You see, I wasn't doing a cold reading or monologue-ing, since all I say in the play is in German. And most of it is singing. But, in a production of T. Williams, by an accredited director in a well-known studio in New York, that is a huge deal!
He asked me if I speak German, can I sing, am I German..."You're accent is so close to German," he said. Finally, someone who appreciates my accent!
"I'm not German, but I look like one,"I said. "I'm Serbian."
I do believe I have a drop of German blood, from my Mom's father's side. So I said that. Of course!
"I'll call you in a week," he said, but that doesn't mean anything, except that he likes me, for the role. Hopefully, no one more German will show up. He's only casting his studio's students, which is only fair, and a great opportunity.

No comments: