Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Helga died tonight

Today is definitely not my day. I just wrote half of my post and ...deleted it.
What else?
I just found out that I didn't get the role I hoped for. The one over which I got my hopes up. Boy, was I wrong to do that!
I was just so perfect for it. I don't get it. How could he possibly find another, better for the role than me? I'm almost tempted to ask. What I'll do instead is ask my teacher to ask him what happened.
I can't wait to see Helga. I'll still see the show, of course. I'm not from the stone age. Though I am a Serb. Grudge-holders and all:)
In my mind I was already canceling the trip to Aruba. Telling people to come see me in this great play. Enjoying every minute of it. Sad, ha?
And this happens exactly at the time when I realize how much I enjoy my life. I was coming back from an audition today, for an extra in a movie, and thinking of how lucky I am to be able to pursue my dream without waiting on tables in New York, like other aspiring actors.
But I guess, in this city, nothing is easy to get- a job you're qualified for, a role you're perfect for. There's always someone better. Hopefully, not always.

No comments: