Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas gifts and flaws

Sometimes I am so grateful for not having a job. Like today. I am absolutely exhausted.
Christmas was fun, as it is every year, but it's also tiring. My in-laws, as always, are very generous with gifts towards me. And they always pick stuff that keeps on giving, from my Christmas list. Such as a great gift card. Or the book I wanted. And many others.
Christmas lists are, actually, M.'s family's invention. And a great one, I may add.
I've been bugging my sister and her husband to make them as well. It is not easy to shop for my brother-in-law. I could use some help. When I ask my sister for it, she says: "I don't know. He never likes anything I buy him."
M. often doesn't like what I buy him, if there's any variation from the exact item on his list. For example, clothes. Or shoes. I dare you to buy M. shoes, or a sweater he likes. Even if it's the brand he's been wearing for decades, and a great style, he will still find a flaw. "They're not comfortable," he said for an excellent-looking pair of leather Aldo boots I bought him last year. They weren't cheap. He wore them once. Enough, so I can't return them. There they are, collecting dust in the closet. He still wears the ones he bought before I even met him- more than five and a half years ago. And they look like they're ready to retire.

No comments: