Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Freezing your way to casting

I never believed that I would wait an hour and a half to get to an open casting call. But, I did, today!
I wasn't even late, I got there exactly on time, and the line was nothing I've ever seen before. Worst than the Millionaire's. I swear!
"Is this what New York is all about? Long lines? Waiting?,"I kept asking myself. "I don't know if I'm cut out for it."
But I stayed. At first, because I had nothing better to do, and a caramel macchiato in my hand. Later, because I've already waited for almost an hour. But at exactly an hour into it, I got really close to the entrance.I couldn't feel my toes anymore.I was dressed warmly, but in about 35 to 38 degrees max, two pairs of socks can only do so much.
I wasn't freezing for nothing for an hour! So I stayed! I finally got in, filled the paperwork along with another 200 people, gave them my resume and the headshot, they took another two pics, and that was it!
They will call us when they need us! Did I mention it was for a casting agency that works for "Law and Order" and "Sex and the City?"
Don't get too excited, it's just for an extra. But, you never know...

No comments: