Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas party season

M. and I went to out first Christmas party this year. It was in my acting studio.
The studio was decorated really well and with dim lights, it looked totally different than during classes. Actors-students and guests were, of course, fashionably late for hours. There was a variety of food people brought, including ourselves. You see, it was an American creation-potluck-so one doesn't have to do all the work, even as a host. I actually like this invention. It really takes a load of one person or a household, for bigger events.
So, M. and I talked to one of my former classmates.She's the only one I knew, not counting couple of teachers. We were also approached by a couple of boring people and barely escaped that with our lives. We did have a bite of almost anything there was--from pasta, lasagna, salads, pies,cookies,hummus...Oh, my God, it would be faster to say what we didn't taste. Ice cream?
It was kind of enough of everything after an hour and a half, but they summoned us into the stage-room , for raffle drawing. I never had much luck with lottery. Apparently, M. neither. But it was fun, funny and useful. The director spoke about the acting business in New York and gave us some useful tips.
None of my current acting friends came. I have no idea why. I was looking forward to introducing my teacher to M. as well. Maybe next year.

No comments: