Friday, December 21, 2007

Charmin...g

As I was mourning Helga, I continued going to other auditions. I think I've read somewhere that the best way to get over something, is to go out there. So I went to three auditions in one day! I was really into getting over.
"Hi, I'm here to audition for Boom," I said.
"Are you Equity?" a woman at the sign up desk asked. I don't even know what that really means, but I know, I am not. "No."
"They didn't see anyone who's not Equity. But you can leave you headshot..."
So I did.
On my way to the other one, there was a guy off Broadway and 46Th, promoting Charmin.
"Clean bathrooms, please come in, " he was yelling at us. The blue and the red trail led to something that looked interesting. I could use the bathroom, I thought, and went in, up the escalator.
Upstairs? Unbelievable! There were people in masks dancing, the music was loud, pictures of those two Charmin bears everywhere, cute bear's paws leading you to a bathroom where you're supposed to try their "soft" or "strong" toilet paper and decide which one you like best. And they clean each bathroom after each person.
"Enjoy!," a young man said to me, smiling, before I went in. I was laughing out loud.
Couple of minutes later, there was a guy with a camera, asking me what do I think about this whole thing.
"Hilarius," I said, while the music was blasting in the back. Actually, it was Charmin's theme song.
"Why?" he asked.
And I said, as I was walking out:"Only in New York!"And I meant it!

No comments: