Monday, December 10, 2007

Soupman and NYFA

Are you a Seinfeld fan? Well, than you will like this post.
I went to a Soupman today, where I had a good, but not Seinfeld-amazing crab bisque.
It was also kind of pricey. I mean, it's a pick-up place, with only a few tables next to the door and no service, except behind the soups and the register. But yet, a bowl of this bisque was $11. You do get bread, a piece of fruit and a tiny chocolate with it as well. But, I really just wanted soup. I guess you pay for the celebrity.
So, this Soupman was on Broadway, between E. 13Th and E. Houston. I was hungry on my way back from the New York Film Academy, where I've just auditioned for a role in a student film. It was good, but I guess not great since they didn't say anything except"Thank you for coming." They did shoot the whole thing. It was an interesting practise because they asked me to improvise, for the first time during an audition.
That was only after reading the sides twice.
I was supposed to talk to my boss on the phone, and tell him that I'm not happy about him giving the job I wanted to another person, who's been with the firm for only six months. I thought I did a pretty good job. Considering. They just told me about the situation, and I did it, right away, without any thinking, any preparation. As I said, great exercise. It's exactly what we started doing in my class this month.
Also,walking for couple of hours today, it dawned on me how comfortable I feel in this city now. How fluent I am in it. I know where I'm going, I enjoy exploring it, I see places I recognize. It's a cozy feeling.

No comments: