Saturday, March 15, 2008

Auditions, yet again

I haven't auditioned for a while. A while being about three weeks. I've tried couple of times but there was always 40ish people ahead of me, and I swore that I will never again wait the whole day and not get seen, after that one time in Tribeca.
Well, today, I went to two. The first one was in the morning for a modern play with the Chekhov Theatre, and the one in the afternoon, for a TV pilot. It will, of course, be much more probable to get a part in the play than the pilot. There were about 25 women ahead of me, 20 minutes before the pilot audition started,for about 4 female parts. But I only waited for about an hour. God knows how many showed up after me...
It went really fast. I just read five or so sentences. I don't know if that's a bad sign or what. But it went fast with everybody, I think. And the nice director said that he will use all the actors if not for this one, then for future projects. I've never heard that before. It made everyone in the room happy. True or not.

No comments: