Sunday, March 2, 2008

Angry at Me, after Petrarka

M.'s family invited us to Tribeca today, for a brunch. So, by chance, we ended up having another meal at Petrarka's. I really have been craving a brunch drink, such as Mimosa or Bellini, so I had a delicious Bellini, herb and goat cheese omelet, and a cappuccino. Not all at once, of course.
Service at Petrarka was as good as usual. My omelet was just o.k., kind of doughy, not eggy, which was a bit weird, but the parts with goat cheese were yummy. The mixed salad that came with it was good too, and had avocados, which I'm addicted to. Cappuccino was in this huge cup, and very foamy, which I also love. M. had black seafood pasta, which was tasty as well. All in all, good brunch, in an unusually empty restaurant on Sunday at noon.
Actually, I wanted to go to an audition today, but since I was tired after the brunch, I didn't. I also forgot what the audition was for. When I came home, I looked at my Backstage paper, and discovered that it was for a film. I was soooo disappointed. My organization skills are usually pretty good, but I haven't been using them lately. I mean, film is actually what I want to get in to, so I should make sure to put a "must" or an exclamation point next to that kind of audition. Otherwise, all my acting classes won't get me anywhere. You see, it's not only enough to know how to act, and to be at the right place at the right time, and to be perfect for the role. I realized that one needs more than all that to get into this amazingly wanted, crowded, irrational business in New York City.
I was so angry with myself today. I don't have that much time to get to where I want to be. And with all my restrictions, such as no nudity, no sex-simulations, and so forth, I better have my act together, and a great plan to stick to. And lots of luck.

No comments: