Monday, March 31, 2008

Darkness in the city

Could New York City be any darker, any more miserable looking than today? Don't get me wrong, I love this city. I usually walk around with my heart pounding with excitement, and thinking of how lucky I am to have a chance to live here. The open space, the beautiful buildings, old and new, the parks, long streets, surprises around every corner(good and bad), an amazing variety of people and things to do!
It is as alive as it can be. And so fast. It's definitely a city for young people. I don't know if I would like to live in Manhattan when I'm old or with kids. Well, knowing me, probably yes.
But today, it's like I want to be anywhere but here. It's raining, and there not even a flicker of sun. Barely enough light to see in front of your nose. It's a perfect museum day. Or a movie day. Or a writing day....Well, I don't know about that:)

5 comments:

Ed Mahony said...

Depends on the mood though. If I am in a good mood, then rainy days can be quite nice. I like the clip in Hannah and Her Sisters of one of Hannah's sisters running along a New York street in the rain.

Marija said...

I should probably see that movie again. I don't remember that scene.
I like rain only when it's warm or hot outside. That's when it's fun, at least for me.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Best!

Ed Mahony said...

It's nice reading about New York. I was there once, and a had a bit of an adventure there with some Irish lads even though wasn't there very long.
I wish someone had warned me how hot it is in New York in summer, though.
And then love Woody Allen movies. He, at least, presents your city in a colourful / interesting way - guess it's not always like that though if you live there ..

Marija said...

Thank you!Where do you live, Eamon?

Ed Mahony said...

UK.