Friday, March 21, 2008

Streets paved with gold

I don't know how often you read my blog (once a month? I applaud you:), but this one is kind of a comment to a previous one about a spoiled and ungrateful cousin.
Still interested? Scroll down...
Well, today I found out that the same cousin, who moved out of my sister's house after a month and a half, into his own apartment, has decided to leave the United States prematurely. Why? Well, the first job he had was too hard. The second job, as a life guard, is too boring for him. And the apartment, which I believe is in Alexandria and he pays only something over $300, is not comfortable enough for his nobility. Have I mentioned that he only graduated from high school? So, we're not talking about blue blood here, nor a doctor. And I don't even think that he made enough money to pay back the people he borrowed it from in Serbia.
I don't know what these people think. Money grows on trees in the U.S.? The streets are paved with the money? There are employers on the streets practically begging foreigners without papers and degrees to work for them, and put them in big, corner offices? I don't know what Hollywood is doing to the young European minds. Or is it parents?
In this case? I would say--parents!

No comments: