Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My old dancing shoes

I've been pretty happy since M. and I moved to N.Y.C. Ups and downs, here and there, but over all, pretty content. This city's spirit agrees with mine. It's that simple.
I felt the same way about Belgrade. I did not, however, felt like that in D.C.
Still, I don't remember the last time I was as excited as today.
There's a ballroom dancing place about five block from where I live. I finally went to check it out today.
For those of you who don't know me that well, I used to balldance. Big time.
From when I was about 10 until I was 15, I was an active member of a dance club, and with my team, I performed and competed all around Serbia. Then the high school came. And raging hormones. And the management at the club changed, for worse. So I stopped.
But since I've grown up, or in earthly terms, in the last couple of years(don't laugh), I've wanted to do it again. I used to love it. It must be like riding a bike, or swimming. You never forget it.
So I set it up with this club to come for an introductory group class and then half an hour of a private one, which is only $20. So after all that, I ask the nice guy at the desk:" Do you know of place where I came buy the professional dancing shoes?"
What you don't know, and what I'm extremely angry, disappointed and embarrassed about, is that after I stopped dancing, someone asked me to sell her my professional, perfect, red dancing shoes, from Slovenia. And I did:( Shame on me. Those bloody hormones.
So I got excited about the ballroom dancing again. But mostly about owning those shoes again. That would make me so happy! I'm not going to rest until I find the exact match.
I told all this to M. He's a man, so I tried to explain to him how much these shoes would mean to me. So I said: "Imagine finding again something that made you so happy in your childhood..."
Well, I'm not exactly a psychologist.

No comments: