Friday, March 28, 2008

Full life and a full job?

I had a 36 hour day. I swear. You wouldn't believe all the things that I've done and that happened to me today. But I hope you will.
I got a translating stint on Wednesday. So, I was working on my 15 page document for about three hours today. I also went to register with a casting agency that's looking for background actors for a feature film, 20 block from here. On my way back, I stopped at the Worldtone to look for my dancing shoes. They didn't have the historic red ones, but I took my time, tried about 20 pairs and bought one! Yay! These are for Latin dances, they are pretty comfortable and black.(I'll take a picture one of these days and post it.)
When I got home, there were two pleasant e-mails waiting for me--one, from Creative Media telling me that they've put my voice sample on their Web site.
http://www.cmdnyc.com/serbian.php
And the other from one of my blog readers, offering to put a link to my blog on his, and asking the same from me, because he likes it. Thank You!
Just before I've changed into my blue pajamas with Mini and Patty on the front, and sit on my brown sofa while listening and glancing to Canterbury's Law, I've came back from an introductory, orientation class at the ballroom club. The class was packed. I guess because it was free. There was a bunch of people, mostly women and some couples, and mostly beginners. It was kind of boring in the beginning for me, with the basic steps for English Waltz, Rumba, and Quick Step, but eventually it picked up with Merengue. I've never learned Merengue. It's so fun, even at the basics.
So I scheduled my private half and hour evaluation class for Tuesday and I'm starting to take a class the same week. The music and the moves reminded me of how much I enjoy ballroom dancing. Me being me, I kept thinking of "what were you thinking" by making such a huge break between the last time I've danced and now.
And now, someone invited me to audition next week as well. How do people who have full time jobs have a life at all?

No comments: