Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Serbian Consulate making the day

I tried to go to three auditions yesterday. Actually, I did make it there. But I didn't audition. The reason? They were Equity, of course. And I'm not. Not even close.
The first two were at the same place. One wouldn't even see Non-Equity people. For the other, the moderator said "Come back after lunch, but I can't say definitely that they'll have time to see you."
At the third one, I waited for about 40 minutes before the moderator said that they wouldn't be able to see anyone below number 28 at the Non-Equity list. I was 45. I should've come earlier. Well, maybe if I've seen the psychic that morning.
But, it was a good day. I went to the Serbian Consulate where I've met several very, very nice people, signed up for some stocks that the state is giving to most of its citizens, and signed the mailing list. Yes, I'm still a citizen of Serbia, but a permanent resident of the United States.
I asked them to invite me if there's a reception or a party. They said yes. Hopefully they will follow through.
They've recognized my name from e-mails I've sent them couple of weeks ago, about Serbian passport people not wanting to extend my mother's passport. They helped.
She got it, after five days of pleading and bringing more documents.
My point being, I liked the people and the atmosphere at the Consulate and I would like to be more a part of it. Hopefully, I will. One day.

No comments: