Friday, May 9, 2008

Miserable New York

Today is the most miserable day I had since moving to N.Y.C., weather wise. It has been not only rainy non-stop, but also cold and windy. So your umbrella is almost useless. I was wet with my umbrella the moment I stepped out of the building.
So when I realized that I'll be cold, wet and late for an audition unless I get a cab, I couldn't get one for 10 minutes. I was standing there, on the street for about five of those ten, hailing already taken cabs, while getting more and more wet. Finally, I gave up, started walking, when I saw one that had a light on, on a perpendicular street. I considered myself lucky. So I got to my audition, only half wet and frustrated, but on time.
On top of all that, my belly was hurting. But it was a good, scheduled audition, the one I couldn't pass. Despite the ideal day to stay in bed and read, or write. If you can.

No comments: