Friday, May 2, 2008

Gazuza's

We met old, good friends, R. and J. in Gazuza last night. It's a cocktail bar/restaurant in Dupont Circle in Washington D.C. Besides great mojitos, such as the delicious mango one, they have good sushi and an outdoorish terrace. I wrote outdoorish because, it's kind of outdoors, but still indoors, with the view of the street but covered from three sides.
It's an interesting place, in the best sense of the word, despite the slow service and flirty waitress, who, I could swear, at some point addressed M. as "honey." Of course, no one else heard it, or pretended not to. No, I'm not paranoid, nor jealous, at least not this time. It was kind of funny. And ridiculous. She was very flirty and "leany" with J. as well. Maybe is Gazuza's way to beat the competition.
This place did have a good, really yummy "Dragon roll, " with eel and salmon, avocado, I believe and some other stuff.
But if I were you I would go for the mojitos. And only with girlfriends. As an experiment, of course;-)

No comments: