Friday, May 23, 2008

My first paid voiceover...hopefully

I've done my first voiceover job in New York City yesterday. The best thing about it, I didn't even know it was a job!I thought it was a test recording! I've been to so many auditions and I acted for free that I forgot that I should get paid for work.
Oh, was I happy when I got an e-mail with the invoice and a nice figure for a half an hour job!
I love voiceovers! It was so much fun! I got four and a half pages of text in English and Croatian to voice, read into the ether! If I knew it were a job, I would've been completely relaxed, as appose to nervous. I was a bit nervous. Mostly because there was one word I've never seen before-concatenate. I know, you're probably thinking, how come I've never heard this word before, it's so common, blah, blah...
Well, believe it or not, I've never seen it before. Not in the GRE book, not at AU.
So, it made me more nervous, especially because it appears more than once in the text.
Croatian was easy, of course. English too, for the most part. I made couple of mistakes, but luckily it wasn't live. These things almost never are. If you make a mistake, you just start over, and then someone over there edits it. Sweet!

No comments: