Sunday, May 18, 2008

Yesterday's Happy Hour

The Happy Hour was a success! All three shows were practically sold out. Sort of. Well, most of the seats were taken. And I actually watched the 8p.m. show from the last row, and laughed. It was fun! I mean, it's not Shakespeare, but you know that before you buy your ticket and get your beer.
People were laughing, enjoying themselves. There was some interaction between the audience and couple of actors in couple of scenes. Some acting was better than other. But all and all, I must admit, it was much better than I expected. I was a little sceptical about it, but I needed the experience and the credit. And I got it without compromising myself, i.e. being in the scene I didn't want to be a part of.
Both of my scenes went well. I didn't drop a line. I didn't screw up in any way. I was nervous. I don't know if the audience saw or felt that. I don't think so, but I cannot be sure. My voice was strong at all times. So, I'm actually pretty happy with the whole thing.
M.and two of my Serbian friends showed up, bringing their friends. I was grateful. My family wasn't able to come, nor friends from D.C. I was a bit disappointed that no one from my acting class showed up. Oh, well, they are actors as well...
We finished the evening at our place with some Bellinis and snacks. I wanted to thank them for coming. It felt good knowing that someone came to see me...

No comments: