Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Acting boredom

I've started my acting education again last night. I really want to at least try to do some acting in New York, since it's always been one of my dreams.And what better place than New York,except for maybe L.A.But I don't see us living in L.A.ever.We're just not plastic at all.And I love food.And actually eating it, not just smelling it.
This is supposed to be a renowned acting studio.I'm inclined to trust the owner's reputation,despite the fact that trust is not in my nature.And the disbelief is enhanced by the movies of New York City.
So, since I really enjoyed my acting course in D.C.,I expected nothing less from this one. Alas,it did not happened.The class was way too long--four hours with one break--and way to slow for me. The warming up took too long, as well as the relaxation exercise. Come on, I'm not paying them to warm up! I can do that in my gym. Nor to relax and recall my childhood.That's what meditation is for, and therapists.
But,I'll hold my guns, kind of, since I still have a lot to learn. Maybe all that has a point, and will teach me how to act. And I really need to learn.
What I've learned was more that a year ago, plus I've never applied it.I went to my grad school,and used my brain for more practical things. That's why I still can't find a job.

No comments: