Sunday, October 21, 2007

From Central Park to Tiffany's




Double M.and I went to the Central Park yesterday. The other M. is my old friend from Belgrade. She finally came to visit. From London. Actually, she came to see New York.
One of M's friends came up from D.C. as well, and we met up in one of my favorite places in New York-Le Pain Quotidien.
We had great cappuccinos and laughs,then the three of us went for a stroll in the famous park. The weather was perfect for it-sunny,70s...Hence, the park was packed. Luckily,people were not sunbathing in their swimming suits. Finally. I guess even New Yorkers wouldn't wear a swimsuit in the middle of a city in October. But then again...
The weirdest thing was the some were already ice skating, while the ice was melting.
That's the N.Y.C. diversity, in a nutshell-while some are ice skating, others are sunbathing.In the middle of a 11 million-people-city!
Walkers, children, performers, bikers, runners...The park was as alive as it is probably every weekend without rain or show. My friend loved it! We love this park too. It's the New York oasis.
She was as excited as I've ever seen her. It was fun to watch.
The Fifth Avenue was barely walkable from all the tourons. We had to fight are way through the crowds. Especially in front of Tiffany's."Can we go in?" my friends asked. "Sure!" If we can elbow the worshipers in front it, I thought.
She walked in. We followed. She looked around, and 10 seconds later, said:"It's like any other store!"

No comments: