Monday, October 29, 2007

Is anything ever free?

I had quite a diverse, interesting and consequently a short day. I have no idea how it can be almost 6:30 p.m. now?!
My mom woke me up at 7.47 a.m. delirious because she got a free ticket to the States! "I'm so happy," she chirped on the phone. "This is the greatest gift anyone can give me."
She holds me responsible because I was the one who wrote and mailed two letters of complaint to an airline,that treated my Mom like a piece of luggage last year.
It took it a year to acknowledge their assesness, and offer her a free ticket.
"You earned this," she added. "What would you like me to buy you?"
Hmmm...in Serbia, you show love through food, first and foremost,and then through gifts.
I couldn't really think of anything else, besides what she's already bringing me-hazelnut chocolate spread and minced biscuits.
"Just come over," I said modestly. "I don't really want anything else. Or need."
It's true. I do have everything I need. Well, kind of. At least materially...Well...
I do want a house on the beach. And a place in Belgrade. And...I know there was something else? And I want to see almost the whole world.Oh, yeah, I really,really wanna fly first class!!!
But those are big things. She can't get me those. I have to get them for myself,if I can.
O, yes, and I would love to shop at Chanel and Dior,and Tiffany's!

No comments: