Saturday, October 13, 2007

Blueberry martinis and undigestable Mexican food

I had the most delicious martini tonight!And I wish I could say it was in this hip, hard-to-get-in club in New York, just to spice things up, but this one was home made. By our friends. They got a recipe from a bartender in Cape Cod. It's a blueberry martini, so it's actually good for you;-)Sorry, a shot of sarcasm, of course. But one is not going to hurt you,really.It's hard to stop at one though.I stopped at one and a half...because we had dinner reservations.
We went to this Mexican place, Rio Grande, which was mediocre at best.I realize that I'm not a big fan of Mexican food anymore.It always, virtually, makes me sick afterwords.It's like I've been eating rocks. And it wasn't that tasty anyway. No, I'm leaning toward the greener pastiers lately...french cuisine, tasty d-lite...
The evening was pleasant though. We met this interesting middle-aged couple and enjoyed back-and-forth conversation. These people are smart,unpretentious and kind. All you want in a new friend.
And now I won't be able to sleep anytime soon, because of the heaviness in my belly. I regret every single bite of that shrimp salad-Mexican style.I wonder if Mexicans are all overweight or suffering from cholesterol? Refried beans?Oh, please, like frying them once isn't bad enough!

No comments: