Thursday, October 18, 2007

My first martini

I made my first martini tonight.First martini ever!I know what you're thinking-I had to move to New York to learn how to make a martini? And I'm not even working as a bartender.I was just never motivated before. Nor had a great recipe. Nor had the right kind of fancy glasses and a shaker.
O,yes, I got it all. Actually, those were all wedding presents we never got to use before. So the idea of playing with the martini instruments amused me. Especially with the guests coming tomorrow. So I went out, got some Blueberry Smirnoff Vodka, Triple Sec and I already had some blueberry juice. Mixed it all together, added some raspberries(I couldn't find blueberries) and voila! Blueberry martini it is! Actually, it was. We drank it. I guess that proves it was good. Or that we would drink anything in a crystal martini glass.
I mentioned guests. One of my best friends is coming tomorrow night. Late, so we have to stay awake. One of Matt's friends is coming up as well. So, I thought that we could impress them with our blueberry martinis, and have a drink before four of us go out, exploring the New York nightlife.
I'm looking forward to it! M. has stayed a devoted friend through all our life changes-she moved to London, I moved to the States. It's rare, I found out. I lost a lot of friends in the last five years. Unfortunately. They've changed, a lot. So have I...

No comments: