Friday, October 5, 2007

City's hidden treasures and thoughts

While exploring New York City streets today, I've caught myself wanting to say different things to people--"You're anorexic," "You look great!" "Can't you see you're too fat?!" or "Where did you get that great dress..."
I know what you're thinking right now--I need therapy? I don't actually say any of these things, not even the compliments or questions.I just think them. Don't worry, they're not going to slip.
I think a lot of people have the same urge. They don't act on it,which keeps us out of the asylum.
Anyway, New Yorkers stole another summer day today. I have really been enjoying unemployment for the last two days.I've been walking a lot and discovering the city's hidden treasures .For example,yesterday, I found this charming nick-knack store in Gramercy. I practically fell in love with it on the spot. People inside were warm and welcoming, the artsy, non-conventional decorations of any kind and amazing gifts in any corner.This store and its people really put the smile on my face. Just like that. And for that I had to buy something. And come back for more.

No comments: