Monday, April 14, 2008

Cuban Motion-Latin Movements

I've missed my second dance class-to-be due to the Law and Order shoot. It was a simple choice for me, but I still wanted to make up for it. So I rescheduled for Saturday. Actually, I just asked them to put me into another class on Saturday.
But on that day, I had two auditions that lasted longer than I expected. When I got done with them, I was starving. And I had to run to the rescheduled class. And it was a beautiful day. Not an ideal situation. So I lied, and said I was sick and can I come to another class this week? They said I can only come to the couple of "all level" classes they have. So I did. Today. I took Cuban Motion and Latin Body Action.
It was great! It was more of a workout than a regular dance class. There was no dancing in pairs, but only by ourselves, in front of a mirror. The fact that we were all women, except for one poor guy in the last row, gave it more of an aerobics class feel.
I've never done any Cuban dances before. So this was new to me. And interesting. Just a bit challenging, which is good.
So we learned a bit of Merengue and a bit of Salsa. Just the basics. What else in a 50 minute group class.

No comments: